Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lady Gaga's Creative Director Comes Clean on Gaga Being a Madonna Wannabe

@guyoseary @ladygaga
No, Really Laurieann Gibson? As If We Didn't Know.

Lady Gaga's choreographer (ha!) and creative (ha!) director, the vitriolic Laurieann Gibson, comes clean. I don't get it though - the movement represents Madonna wannabe-ism? That's been going on since Madonna's inception. But don't get too smug, Gibson - you two will have to pay the piper one day.

LA Times: A lot of her visual aesthetics have been compared to Madonna. As her creative director what are your thoughts on that?

Laurieann Gibson: Listen, [Madonna] should be bitter because I did it on purpose, and you can quote me. I did it on purpose because for all those kids who believe that you can’t, I wanted to let them feel that you can. And that’s what I represent, that’s what Gags represents. That’s what this movement represents.

Los Angeles Times article HERE