Tuesday, May 24, 2011

7 Years Ago Today - Front Row Center - ReInvention Tour


This is the one and only photo I have ever taken of Madonna.

7 years ago today, I was front row center with my sister at opening night of Madonna's ReInvention Tour at the legendary Los Angeles (Inglewood) Great Western Forum. It was the first time I had ever been that close at a Madonna concert. When I say front row center, I mean it. Nobody in front of us and dead center. It was fabulous. Before the show started, we were so nervous. Then The Beast Within started and she came up for Vogue. It was out of this world. At one point we had been jumping with one hand in the air for so long it felt like we were transported back to the 1930's at some bizarre Nazi rally jumping for a Blonde Goddess. It was strange and surreal.

Madonna's so strong and agile. Vocally she was supreme. In person, she was beyond gorgeous. We came home and looked on the AP wires for the photos. My sister said, "that is not the woman we saw tonight" because it just didn't photograph the same. In person, she glowed. Always much more beautiful in person. It was a wonderful live experience that we will never forget.