Monday, December 12, 2011

The Age Old Question: Ponytail -or- Curls

Fetish Ponytail?
or Curls?

Ever since the advent of internet forums, Madonna fans have always been divided on one thing: Blond Ambition Ponytail or Curls? Ha, it's true!

Well, Peter from TheBeatsWithin has spoken with a special someone who may have uncovered the reason why!

For an artist such as Madonna, obviously her image is very important, so were there any other technical challenges in presenting Madonna in the best light on the big screen?

There was another conversation that Madonna and I had about her hair. She had often used that I Dream of Jeannie hairdo, with her hair pulled back in a tight bun at the back of the head and it was my feeling that for the movie, that was a little severe. I thought that she looked a good balance between commanding and a little bit more feminine with the blonde bob look. I don’t know whether I talked her into it, but I told her which one I preferred.

In truth, she probably could have done both. Thinking about the way it was edited, it wouldn’t have been bad to have a show where she did it with one look and a show where she did it with the other look and then through the cut, put in a bit of both. So, I’m not sure who decided that she just did it all the same way.

Head over to TheBeatsWithin to read all about it. HERE

I've always leaned towards the fetish ponytail over the curls because well, it was the first thing we saw and I believe it was conceived with the costumes but I love it all. What is your preferred hair from Blond Ambition? Ponytail or Curls?